Tuesday 27 November 2007

Power shift

Since the departure of Greebo, there has been a small but subtle change in the power struggle at home.

The cats are used to having an advantage, the dogs have seen a chance to catch up.

So the dogs are treating me like Queen of All I Survey and the very best leader a dog pack could have, and the cats are making it quite clear that I am One of THEM. They will waive the usual 4-legs, 9-lives rule for once.

I did point out that they are pets, there purely at my whim. They ignored me.

Still, it is nice to be popular, instead of being a human tin opener.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Dogs plural, hmmmm? From that I take it that Bailey is still in residence!

Donna said...

Yes,at the moment! The kids are still trying to rent. James described one of the horrors that the housing association offered to them. They would've had to pay me to live there, not expect me to cough up for rent!

Damp and mice?? With a baby??

At least they don't want me to mind Tyler. I can cope with a dog!