Tuesday 8 April 2008

Strange what you miss about folk, though.

At the interval for ISIHAC, I really missed Sophie. Theatre intervals used to be spent outside while Soph topped up the nicotine levels and I got some fresh air. Easy to do, just stand upwind of the smokers, though it might not count as fresh air in Salford Quays. Scott would join us, just to laugh at the English softies who were trying to smoke through chattering teeth. It's always bloody freezing around the Lowry centre.

Being a creature of habit, at the interval I headed outward past the bars and to the main doors.

The smokers looked pityingly at me, marking me down as a quitter who still tried to passive smoke. But the non-smokers had the last laugh when the smokers couldn't join in with... well, just listen to the show, whenever it is broadcast...

No comments: