Tuesday 21 February 2012

Astronomy for Idiots

this was originally in Draft on 5 December 2011

Phoebe gave me an astronomy lesson a fortnight ago.

She came in yelling "I've just seen a satellite!" and hauled me into the garden to be educated.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember what she confused with a satellite, I meant to check The Sky at Night site to see what was suitably bright in the sky, but I forgot.

Apparently, the twinkly ones are twinkle stars, and the big round one was the Moon. The moving/flashing lights are planes (don't bother with them).

So there we have the Wonders of the Universe AND the Solar System, condensed by a three year old.

Follow up 21 February 2012

For Christmas, Phoebe requested a telescope, a keyboard, a drum and a fairy dress. Since then, she has;
    Watched Stargazing Live with her dad and loved it
    Battered her brother for trying to take her telescope
    As above, but for trying to steal the microphone off the keyboard
    Developed a fine line of Disney princess dresses
    Has not given up hope on the drum, just yet...

1 comment:

Delishus said...

With the possible exception of the fairy princess dress, she sounds like a girl after your own heart :)