Wednesday 30 May 2007

cat-sitting continued.

Tuesday: Went into work to find everyone had been ill over the weekend. Like brave little soldiers we all trooped in and spent a day comparing symptoms, sad bunch of hypochondriacs and drama queens that we are. Glad to escape to Catsville. Holly makes a fashionably late entrance for supper, Boyfriend Cat turns up bang on time. Rumpole has rediscovered the joys of silver-ball chasing, and is very nimble for a fat cat. Elvis is staging his own version of BBC Springwatch, gazing contentedly into mid-distance at nothing in particular. They all turn up as I'm leaving, to show a bit of affection. No plaintive meowing as I abandon them, just a 'Bye, then!' and they all trot off to their preferred cosy places. Back home, Eric (Chief Reservoir Mog) gives me a gentle head-butt in greeting. The others just mooch about and sniff distainfully at me.

5 comments:

Barmy Belle said...

Hey there, why didn't you tell me you had a bloggie.
You have now joined the publicly self-deprecation club.

Barmy Belle said...

By the way, say hi to Greebo for me......

Donna said...

Yeah, meant to say I've joined y'all on the dark side! And Greebo sends purrs and fur in equal measures, same as ever!

Sophie said...

Thanks hugely for cat-sitting under such extreme circumstances - you have so much good karma that you've probably attained Buddha-hood by now!

Donna said...

Well, I've got the Buddha-belly so that's a start :)