Monday 10 March 2008

Mousie, x2


So there we were, Saturday night, and an early night planned. No better offers, so catch up with MOTD, and some rolling news, bed by midnight.

Not for long.

2am, I was still in the hall, with cardboard boxes, tubes, sticky tape, 2 cats, 1 dog and a very small and determined mouse.

Challenge? To catch said Mousie, before cats and dog did. Mousie found the only spot in the hall where it couldn't be reached. I opened the front door to freedom for it, Mousie stayed curled up in corner, and I froze for a while. By 2am, I'd become 'Frustrated Blue Peter Presenter'-woman, trying to make some contraption to trap it and haul it's furry arse outside. At 2.20am I gave up.

Sunday, 7.45am and the critters dragged me downstairs. The mouse had been inside the contraption overnight, wandered round and back to the corner. So Plan B - empty and move bookcase (mercifully small but still heavy) and herd the little furry-arsed git through the front door. Preferably before the Middlesbrough-Cardiff match.

Success at last, but Tig was sulking BIG TIME. Or he was, until he brought a second mouse in...

I got to that one really quickly, and threw it out. Tig's sulking went off the scale at this point. One mouse I could have, but TWO??? Jasmine, Gromit and Bailey all joined in. I'm a disgrace.

I'm paying the price for being greedy, only Eric is still my pal. But he learned long ago to keep his killing sprees out of the house...

No comments: