Tuesday 4 March 2008

Thought for the day

Other people's words can only hurt you if you let them or
    if they write them onto a piece of paper and wrap 'em round a well-aimed baseball bat
    or drop a volume of them on your head
    or fill a 32-tonner with their words (in any chosen medium) and flatten you with said truck
    or just continue to add any Road Runner scenario that you choose...


And life isn't so Wyle E Coyote, is it? And if the critics can't be bothered to be creative, why worry about them?

As the jibes have been based around weight (my doctor isn't worried about me, so nyar), age (better than being dead, pal!) and hair colour (auburn by birth, graying by age and bright red by choice) I've decided to ignore them.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Well said. Bollocks to them, as a very good friend of mine would say!

Sophie said...

They do know you have dangerous wild animals at your beck and call, don't they ...?!

Donna said...

Lisa, your mate sounds like my mate Carol!

Sophie, you've met my lot, dangerous and wild - yes, beck and call - no.

But it could still be worth bringing them for a Pets at Work Day :)

Sophie said...

Well, okay, not beck and call, but they are susceptible to tuna-based incentive schemes, I imagine?!

Donna said...

My fine upstanding moggies open to bribery??

Course they are, but bearing in mind the people I want them to bite, I think I'll have to negotiate an EU fishing quota all my own :)