Thursday 28 February 2008

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

I've been converted to these, thanks to a nice lad who was selling them for charity, on Oxford Road. The idea being that the lunchtime munchie-fiends (ie me) would stop by, and donate to his fundraiser for water-aid schemes in the Sudan.

Absolutely fair do's, to me.

He did try the puppy-eyes 'ooh I've got no change and they are for charideee' line on the crowd, but this was Oxford Road, lunchtime, full of cynical improverished students and Uni Staff, so it wasn't quite has successful as elsewhere.

I know I'm getting old when I see the kids on Oxford Road and can't believe they are all students, surely it's a school outing of epic proportions! How can these baby-faced creatures be allowed out of their bedrooms unsupervised, let alone given student loans and the hell that comes with financial services products?

Now young Scottster over at 'Everybody laughed' - eyes left, scroll down, follow the link from there - has been raving about Krispy Kreme for a while. Now I see why. I've been humouring the lad as it is nice to see him have an obsession that isn't geek based! But I'm now on a new path to obesity and tooth decay.

If it wasn't the wrong side of payday, the little fundraiser might have ended up with a reservoir named after him. Where's the diner again, Scottie?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Dark Side :)

Where is it .. um ...ooh well, it's by the Trafford Centre next to..ah.. actually, it's probably easier if I show you. Just pick me up and i'll show you.

Don't forget your purse ...