Friday 15 February 2008

All Quiet on the RM front...

and I am suspicious.

Last week I had to spend a couple of days at home, with a migraine. This week I spent a couple of days at home with Mum, who was recovering from a hospital visit (think anaesthetic, tubes and painful).

In between, there was a frenzy of tidying-up and furniture moving. The cats really don't like it when I'm home during working hours, they wonder what I'm up to. And they really hate big upheaval, tidy round by all means but moving furniture? Nooooooo, no, no! So the Mogs retreated to a safe distance and kept their heads down.

So why am I worried?

The last time they were this quiet, we ended up with a feline killing spree which involved several dismembered garden critters, and a goldfish corpse. Reservoir Mogs indeed. I really need to start clearing the box room but this is their last bastion of peace in a cruel Kim-and-Aggie world and I don't want the house turning into an abattoir.

Apparently young Scott over at Everybody Laughed has moved his stuff round and his cats LOVE it. Inadvertently he has created a hi-speed run from kitchen to patio doors, so easy to get some speed up and be halfway down the garden to catch unwary pigeons. Ok, so the last bit is in their dreams, but they are happy with the new arrangement and hey, there are some very stupid pigeons out there.

But my cats know what they like and they don't like change. And Bailey is just worried he'll be moving house again.

I have to go and buy some serious pet bribes now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's more of a clear run from front window to patio doors, with a comfy armchair for a midway pit-stop.

Holly's discovered she can get on the telly, too.

How long my newly acquired, carefully positioned Ikea lamp will last is anyone's guess.

Donna said...

My cats think the Universe revolves around the kitchen (not very up on science, my cats). Apologise to yours, I judged them by the Universal Tigger Standard :)

That lamp will survive as long as the cats want it to....