Saturday 17 May 2008

Back online

Thanks to BT, I'm back online.

Only a week down, but I've been suffering the withdrawal symptoms.

And I made the big mistake of re-routing the landline to the mobile....

So I've had to do everything I need to do at work. Yesterday felt really strange with no access, especially as I'd missed Mike Whalley's addition to the Five Live coverage on Wednesday night, and was too busy at work to catch up!

I wandered around Manchester on Wednesday to see what all the fuss was about. I was there between 5-7pm and the fans I met were lovely. Even the lairy lads were nice!

I had heard the buildup on breakfast tv, and Five Live, on the way in. Was surprised at the lack of portaloos and extra rubbish bins, though. Didn't they expect anyone to turn up, after offering an invite out to one and all? Manchester felt like a house that had been trashed after a bad Facebook party, but I think MCC deserved it, frankly. I was trapped between a couple discussing the failing AV equipment at around 6.15pm, so why didn't they get it sorted sooner?

As for the violence at the end of the night, why be surprised that this event was hit by the hard-core hooligans? Sadly, no one else gets away from it, this was no different. If you do the maths, apparently the trouble amounted to a pathetically small percentage. No consolation to PC Mick Regan, but where were all the forces used to track the soccer hooligans on other big events?

Sorry I didn't live up to the promise about PhotoShopping my colleagues into the Rangers fighting fans. But I couldn't do it. Not even my supremely irritating colleagues deserve to be linked with those people.

And the lovely Rangers fans certainly don't deserve it.

No comments: