Wednesday 15 October 2008

doppleganger

My mother excelled herself this week.

She brought a strange ginger cat into the house, fed Tigger's medication to it, then brought it up to my room, for a fuss.

Apparently, she had been in the garden talking to a neighbour when the cat came up. She assumed it was Tig.

When she headed for the house, it followed her in. So being an opportunist, she pounced and administered the daily Metacam dose.

She dismissed the ballistic reaction of dogs to cat/cat to medication as just a normal Tuesday morning set-to, really.

I was upstairs, enjoying a morning off. Or to be more honest, recovering from a hangover after my first night on the town with Jill and Scott, in some 6 years.

Hard to say who was more surprised when he turned up in my room, me or the poor ginger tom.

His name is Bruno, he lives just round the corner and has earned his Reservoir Mogs colours by fighting Jasmine, Bailey and Gromit.

No comments: