Tuesday 3 July 2007

5 days into old age...

and I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Thankies to everyone who sent cards/e-cards/booze/all of them to be on the safe side! If life could carry on like this, I'd be well happy. Here's how it panned out so far.

Friday - indulgence day, ending with a family night, so we could all celebrate with the niece before she headed off for Mexico the next day.
Saturday - spent charging around like a lunatic with the big sis, before heading for a good pub (after watching Dr Who, obviously)
Sunday - nursing a mild hangover with a trip to La Tasca
Monday - working day, but with less bitching than usual (not from colleagues - we are are customer service team, and the blighters do make it hard to be polite sometimes)


I keep being drawn to the old-bag skincare aisle - which in some cases starts age 25. And wondering if I should look at the mortgage again. And this great-auntie thing is looming on the horizon. But I am now really excited at the thought of the trip. Especially as the weather forecast there is sunny, sunny all the way!


There's a reunion planned, all of us who used to frequent a rock pub are getting our sad old arses along to a big night out on 21 July. So for one night we are all going to bop around our zimmers, revisit our fashion disasters and I'll be flaunting the sunburn - yay! Follow that up with a trip to the Cambridge Folk Festival, and I can avoid any serious mature behaviour til September.

Growing older is one thing, but I'm damned sure growing up is optional.

No comments: