Thursday 28 June 2007

it's the last day of being 42

and 43 sounds a bit old and past it.

So to 'celebrate' the birthday tomorrow, we've just had a day of eating too much cake, being juvenile and scaring the younger members of staff. Perfect working day, really! But we got the work done and didn't scare the visitors, so no one can complain. Well, not unless they want to wear the remains of the tiramisu... and who would be to blame for throwing it? I'm not the only Tiswas fan in the office.

I've been really good about not opening my presents so far. Mostly because they've been thoughtfully wrapped so's I can guess the contents. Thanks to Sophie & Scott, and Anita, I may have to start drinking around 10am tomorrow. Seems a bit early to get out of bed on my birthday though, so maybe it can wait til lunchtime. My family have refused point-blank to hand over anything until tomorrow evening. I have a reputation for being totally unable to resist opening stuff early, that they won't let me live down.

Don't they know I'm older and wiser ;)

5 comments:

Sophie said...

Happy birthday - and you're definitely ageless! Have a good (and alcoholic) evening and see ya tomorrow ;-)

Barmy Belle said...

Hippo birdie to ewe, hippo bir----sod it, have a great birthday - wish I was there to celebrate it with you.

Love, Jill

Scott said...

"I may have to start drinking around 10am tomorrow."

why?? are you having a lie-in or something??

Happy Birthday, kiddo!

Lisa said...

You kept that one quiet! Happy birthday chuck - I'll buy you a pint of something cloudy and distictly Cambridge tasting tomorrow :-).

meredic said...

Having been pointed here I am struck by a strange coincidence in that it is my birthday tommorow as well. If today is July the 2nd of course....