Saturday 9 June 2007

i've learnt to avoid hens...

I like to think I can multi-task. But maybe choosing to check the bank account online, while eating and trying to watch Dr Who was a step too far. I heard some line that sounded like " can boil an egg at 30 paces...whether you want to or not... i've learned to avoid hens..." and nearly fell off the chair laughing! By the time I stopped giggling and calmed the dog down (he joins in mad moments by barking like a lunatic and wouldn't shut up) I remembered to check the bank details. It appears that my bank has lost the flight and accommodation money I deposited this morning :( Hopefully it will show up soon, or I'm travelling to Spain hidden in the boot of a friend's car. Nice to have a Plan B.

At least the accommodation is sorted. I'm staying with the ratbag nephew, his girlfriend and their baby son, he's due 8th July and is the subject of the Lilypie ticker on the front page. I'm only going f0r his birth; then I'll try to avoid him until he can take me to the pub! I'm not good with children.

Horrifying thought - he'll only be 17 at my 6oth do. Hopefully he'll look a lot older than his years. I expect I will.

And the mogs are sorted too. My mum has a friend called Angela, who runs a petminding service. She lives too far out for the Reservoir Mogs (Southern Chapter) but has agreed to look after my lot as she's 10 minutes away. Last year I was lucky enough to be in Cornwall when the basking sharks were off the south coast, and she looked after the cats then. On the first few days back, the cats would all troop off and wait at the gate at the time she usually arrived. The message was clear; we were back but they liked her. If they waited long enough she would come back. That is the best sort of reference, total customer satisfaction! The mad woman has signed up for a second go, and I'm delighted.

Gromit is going to a local kennel, recommended by a friend. So we just need to organise the 2-legged family members and we are ready to go.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Definitely avoid hens! Glad to hear Angela can pamper your moggies once more - it'll be a holiday for them too!