Saturday 2 June 2007

Shove over Fatboy McCrirrick...

I've backed my first Derby winner, ah bless! The winnings won't break the bookies, but I'm chuffed. It's the principle of the thing. Normally I look at the results and think how obvious that one would win... but I don't think I'll be setting up an account with Ladbrokes just yet.

I like the people who bet on the most bizarre things, then rock up years later to claim their winnings and enjoy their 5 mins on local telly. You may have noticed the Lilypie ticker at the bottom of the page - my first great-nephew is due to make an appearance early July. So tempting to bet he'll score a hat-trick at Wembley before his 18th birthday! This is working on the principle that I lose more than I win, so he'll end up off in the real world, doing something useful.

No comments: