Tuesday 5 June 2007

time to get planning

I will admit I'm one of the world's worst planners. In the next 4 weeks I have go overseas to meet the great-nephew and catch up with his not-so-great parents(!). This means finding somewhere that will take the pesky mogs and the dog for 8 days or so. We all found out about the baby months ago, so I have no excuse.

So now I'm trawling through the local kennels, and suddenly sympathetic to the friends who were so frantic when trying to find a decent nursery. The Reservoir Mogs might be little sods, but they are my little sods and I want them to be fairly happy and comfortable. I'd prefer to keep them all in proper confinement, although the cats were quite good for the last house-sitter. But this time they would have to put up with the dog, who is a vandal if not controlled 24/7 , so I'm looking for a place as plush as the Hilton and as secure as Alcatraz. More caffeine, now!

3 comments:

Sophie said...

Look, a good compromise would be to put Gromit in doggy hotel and leave the mogs to us to feed - we really should repay the favour!

Barmy Belle said...

Overseas. Overseas where? Are you coming to my continent?

Donna said...

Sophie, no worries, Angela lives 10 mins away, and has dealt with the ratbags while I was in Cornwall. She knows where to look for the dead bodies they bring in! She's signed up again. And Jacey, if I made it to your neck of the woods you would be the first to know :) In fact, if I ever decide to run off to join a circus, I'll choose one touring by you, so I get to see you again! And pay you large sums of dosh not to tell where I'm hiding...