Wednesday 10 October 2007

The Accidental Brunette

Due to a slight misinterpretation of what 'Dark Golden Auburn' means, I am now a temporary brunette. It didn't look this dark on the box! Golden is well...gold, auburn is red and I took 'dark' to mean 'not Bonnie Langford'.

In the old Hollywood classics, the redheads were mostly ditzy and the brunettes were more intelligent and classy. As a fledgling brunette, I am suffering somewhat. This is going to be sodding hard work. Don't think it will last. Not with blonde eyelashes and eyebrows at any rate.

As the colleagues have kindly pointed out, it is a dark red. Not bad at all for winter plumage. And I can still lose my temper - just have to do it in an intelligent, classy and dark way.

As a black cat, Eric sees it as a good thing and has been my bezzie mate all week. He's 11 years old so he's seen it all before. Ginger Tig just keeps giving me puzzled looks, I've sold out from my ginger roots in all senses of the word. Jasmine and Greebo have seen that it doesn't affect the cat-feeding skills, and are not passing comment.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Eric, Greebo and Tiger really DO look like the meanest, baddest cats on the block in those photos! Jasmine is plainly trying to hide from the paparazzi, and as for Gromit - awww, bless!