Thursday 24 January 2008

On the 8th Day

On the 8th Day is one of the best places in Manchester.

Even more so now they have answered a big question from last year - is there really such a thing as vegetarian black pudding? A trivial matter in the great scheme of things, but had managed to become a minor obsession.

Misterohsee swore you could buy it, but never actually produced the proof. My first thought was that he'd been at the drink (again). And call me sceptical but let's face it, any product whose main ingredient is animal blood seems veggie-proof.

But this is Lancashire ingenuity at its finest and the Real Lancashire Black Pudding Company have created V-pud.

So, seeing as it is a day for apologies, cheers misterohsee!

1 comment:

Steve said...

I want one!!!

But do I have to drag myself to Bacup to get it?

The Eighth Day is indeed wonderful, though not, frankly, as wonderful as it was when I was at University about a zillion years ago, simply because it is so much more damned expensive now!