Monday 9 June 2008

I need a name for the Macbook


My knackered old pc has finally corked it. It can just about function for e-mail and everything else can go whistle.

Add that to a tasty discount from Apple because I have an ac.uk email address at work, and what do you get?

Me, down the Apple store, buying my first Mac.

I intend to keep it as the ONLY Mac, but the sales staff gave me the 'humour the lunatic' smile. They know I've left the Dark Side of Microshite, I will be back buying stuff and gubbins in no time.

I didn't ask Scott because I suspect he would lead me into the same amount of damage as the Guitar Buying Incident at Cambridge Folk Festival(2002, 2003?).

If I get as much enjoyment from this Mac as Scott does from Dani (the beautiful Lowdon guitar), it will be a bargain. And it's easier to carry round.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you get reductions on MACS???? and you didn't TELL ME?? grrrrrr

how about Compton MAC-kenzie?

he wrote Whisky Galore, which seems apt ...

(and it's Lowden, not Lowdon BTW)

Donna said...

There is always a catch. You only get the discount if a) you can prove you work for a uni and b) you can prove it's for teaching purposes. So I fibbed a bit, training IS teaching in my book. And the Macbook. Try taking it back now 'cos I fibbed... but we could go back and try, you are my tekkie advisor and the only one with enough credit on the plastic - could work!

And you've never let me near the guitar long enough to read the name. When I said I'd steal it, it was a JOKE, honestly ;)