Wednesday 11 June 2008

Sign the Petition - Support Your Surgery


I received this link at work, regarding the BMA 'Support Your Surgery' Campaign.

And this is why it is important.

"Suicide GP 'frustrated' at work"

She was a GP in my practice. A few months ago I noticed a sign saying she was unwell and her cases would be dealt with by Dr Hoeffman. To be honest, the last time I was in, I didn't notice they had taken the notice down. There had been no announcement in the Surgery, though this may have been out of respect for the family, knowing the inquest was still due.

She was a great GP, and we'll miss her. But the fact is, when it was run as a surgery with medical secretaries doing the paperwork, it ran brilliantly. But in the past few years, local surgeries have been told to operate as mini-polyclinics, and the medical staff have been forced to do more business based work. And they don't want to be administrators, they want to be GPs.

No comments: