Wednesday 26 November 2008

Santa Fun Run

You all know the saying 'Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.'

It should have a twin, to cover the eventuality of getting into trouble by sounding enthusiastic about something, because some idiot will think you want to join in.

Obviously, if they were discussing anything that involved fine wine, fine chocolate, etc, I would be there. No so keen on alligator-wrestling and 24-hour X-factor marathons.

So when my sister was talking about the Santa Fun Run around Old Trafford on December 14, I said I'd seen it advertised and it sounded like fun. In a 'watch other people get hot and sweaty for nothing' sort of way. In a 'head for the food & drink stalls and see if anyone famous turns up' way.

Next thing I know, she's sorted out a sponsor form (me, her, young Tyler and Bailey!) for the family race. Full team lineup below









And I get to wear a Santa suit :(

the shark in the picture is not my sister, she is the hand pointing at it - my sister is too fierce to be a shark...

No comments: